Fruit additives.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NATURE BOY

Reaction score
Any suggestions and "know how"?
For example: strawberry, melon, oranges, peaches, lemons, bananas etc.
I can't find another useful thread here.
Thanks.

Well....you can add them as puree and substitute them for part of your water. Don't expect the scent to come through, and you may get some interesting colors.

I wouldn't insulate your soap because of the extra sugar....it might overheat, but they should contribute nicely to the lather for the same reason.

Hope that helps! :)
Mike

try searching on puree or things like that - I know there are threads on it somewhere.

I haven't made banana soap yet , but have read it it softens and moisturizers your skin .

Kitn

I have used a fair amount of fruit in soap, the most recent one is the bottom left in the pic which has raspberries in the bottom layer. Depending on how much you add you do run the risk of your soap going brown :cry:
3772891435_d22a16b0d6_o.jpg

NATURE BOY said:
Thank you all!
I'm a hunter of the scents.
O.K. I think the best way to learn is to experiment...

Like MikeInPdx said, fruit may add a certain things to soap, but scent isn't likely to be much of one. You might get a very light scent off some purees, but even triple strength coffee loses its scent during the soaping process! So if you do want a strong fruity scent, you can use essential oils for citruses (beware, they are notorious for fading) or fragrance oils for the other fruits.

Good luck!

Justpeachy, this is my banana soap, it has very creamy lather with big bubbles and very soft to the skin. I like it very much!
This soap is not brown, my friend’s banana soap goes to brown though…

And this is my soap with pineapple juice and pineapple puree and cardamom e.o. for oily skin. It looks good and cleans well oily skin. But it’s not suitable for dry skin at all.

you might add baby food instead of puree for some, like bananas, or carrots. it will save a bit of work, plus the plastic containers make good little molds.

Miss Melissa-- I just love your soaps; they're gorgeous. If you happen to remember, how much banana did you use? And what are those flecks in the banana soap?

The pineapple bars look edible.....and delicious!

Justpeachy, thanks a lot!!! :)
Both of them are HP. I used about 1 big banana ))) per 2 pounds of oil.
I used banana chips, nutmeg’s flakes and ground coffee to decorate every bar of banana soap. And dried pineapple, nutmeg’s flakes, dried lemongrass and ground coffee for pineapple soap decorations.
I like fruit soap with such decorations. It looks very unusual and special.
:roll:

I used a bar of soap with dried blueberries and blueberry scent. Lathered great! Only problem is that I had full-size blueberries in my tub that didn't go down the drain! LOL

Back