Fragrance Oils...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vonna

Reaction score
I got some really yummy fo's the other day as an early mothers day gift and was wondering if anyone has some good measurements for them if ya know what I mean. How much should I add to a 2 lb batch for example? I don't want to go overboard and ruin my soap and vice versa...I hate wasting :) Any suggestions would be appreciated :)

I usually do about 1 ounce per pound of oils...some people do slightly less but I find that this works slight better for sticking around, for me.
Good luck! That's an awesome Mother's day present!! :)

Thanks and yeah...great Mothers Day gift! My hubby took me to a soapers warehouse and let me pick whatever I wanted!! :) I went over my mothers day budget by about $100 though but he didn't mind :lol:

Lucky you Vonna!

I wish I had a place to shop for fos near me! I also like to use 1 ounce per pound unless it's exceptionally strong. Then I might go for .5 - .75.

Don't forget to check the scent review board as well as the manufacturer's suggestions. I hate to waste my soap stuff too! :)

Jude

Vonna said:
Thanks and yeah...great Mothers Day gift! My hubby took me to a soapers warehouse and let me pick whatever I wanted!! :) I went over my mothers day budget by about $100 though but he didn't mind :lol:

Sounds like your hubby is a keeper .Great idea for a mother's day present too.It's a win-win thing, you get to create the soap and he will get to use it. I hope you have lots of fun making your beautifully scented soaps.

Kitn

CP and yes, he's definitely a keeper :) I can't wait to try my new Caffe Latte fragrance...I LOVE COFFEE SMELLS!!! That must be the American coming out in me :lol:

With cp you want to add a little more, closer to an ounce ppo because during the gelling process it heats and you lose some of your FO.

If you hp, you wait till it's done and you can let it cool below your FO's flash pt. then add. Not as much evaporates so you can use less FO.

It you refrigerate or freeze (non gelling) it does not heat/burn off the FO so you can use less here too.

I use .7 to .75 oz ppo normally, but if it's a really light F/O I go to 1 oz ppo. If it's really knock-your-socks-off-strong, then I'll use it at .4 to .5 oz ppo.

IrishLass :)

Latest posts

Back