Fragrance oil company question

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No one was being condescending, everyone was just trying to help. Many people want to sell their soap too early, and thats a concern to us all. Even if its safe soap, it may not be the best soap and do you really want your first customers getting that? To make money selling soap you have to build up a customer base with the best product possible. If you start selling to early, you may lose quite a few customers by the time your soap is of high quality. They may have purchased one of your first bars and felt it was just meh, and purchase soap elsewhere. Everyone here is just trying to support you in doing the right things, and trying to guide you from making the mistakes they've already made that you don't have to make.

Thanks. I was just being overly sensitive. I didn't think things through at first but now I have. :)

I know. I do the quick cure by heating my oven to 200 degrees and putting my soap in for 2 hours, then I turn the oven off and let it sit overnight. It's called a quick cure.

I believe I have fixed my recipe and mold issues and everything will be fine. I never planned to sell my soap until I tried it myself and let my family try it after I have and knew all is well. I would never sell anything to anyone without knowing it was 100%. I'm far from an idiot. I just have never done this before and stumbled across this forum thinking it would be good to get ideas. I started soaping because my sister has a very rare skin disorder and can't use commercial soap products. I am going to make her a special bar that is just for her needs. I could care less really if I ever sell even one bar of soap so I'm ok if I don't. I wish I could delete every post I have put on here but I don't have the option of doing so because I'm not a paying member. If a mod can remove my posts, please do so. Success is in sight so I don't need anyone being condescending because it has no positive effect on anyone.

People have tried to help you. You asked for advice about recipes and process and you got it. You said you were a bit worried because you had to prepare spap for a festival. From that, I inferred you were planning to sell. Hence the advice.

There is no such thing as a quick cure. CPOP, what you describe, still needs a minimum of four weeks to cure.

BTW, if you take a deep breath and slow down, you will see that we are a pretty friendly and helpful bunch.

I know that you will learn with each batch, both good and not so good. You can learn alot from the members here, I know that I have, and you can always ask questions. I don't do hot process often, and for me cold process is much more simple. I love to pour into my mold and then know it will turn into soap. I never rush the process of cure, I just let it happen. Everyone has their own style, but if you haven't tried a cold process batch, it might be a good exercise for seeing how the soap behaves.

Latest posts

Back