Follow the shop's progress with me ! ( PIC HEAVY )

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbarad

Reaction score
I'm opening a small boutique in the next few months as some of you know. For those of you who didn't know you can read about how it all came about at this thread : http://soapmakingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9551

I was at the shop this morning and decided to take some major "before" pics - the place is a mess really, a way old building that has been vacant for years so it's truly a diamond in the rough.

I thought it'd be fun to post the pics here and update it as the shop progresses through the stages of completion. Currently the work being done is all major stuff and the landlord is handling all that - new entry doors, windows, wiring, ceilings, and flooring. Hubby and I get to do the fun stuff, patching walls, painting, and decorating.

Photo #1 - The kitchen area - I love, love, love all the natural lighting in the kitchen area ! Lot's a cabinets and a long counter ! Ignore the wood and other crap LOL it'll be gone soon !

kitchen.jpg

Photos #2 & #3- This room is attached to the kitchen and it will be my work room, the wall will be lined with shelves top to bottom for cure racks, a counter on the window wall will have a low shelf/desk for packing, shipping, etc.

workroom1.jpg

workroom2.jpg

Photos #4 & #5 - This will be the main sales floor, it looks tiny, but it's about 300 square foot, so it's cozy, yet big enough to start out :)

main1.jpg

maindoor.jpg

Photos #6 & #7 - This is another small room off the main area. I thought about knocking the wall out and making it part of the main area, but then decided to keep it as is, I'll be using most of the existing cabinetry that's there. We're removing the doors and hardware then staining so it's some ready made shelving. The glass case stays for jewelry, etc. I have someone who does gorgeous windchimes and I'll be putting them in there as well.

jewelry1.jpg

jewelry2.jpg

It's all pretty fugly atm, but it's really coming together, I swear it is ;) Hope ya's don't mind me posting the pics, I'm just so darn excited about it, and hubby can only listen to me yap so many hours in a day :oops:

Before & after is fun. maybe you should start a blog & blog your process too!

WOW, that is fantastic. It's been my dream to have a store front!!!

In the meantime I will live through yours.

This is sooooo exciting.

That is totally awesome , I adore your saponifactory . You go girl. Post as many pictures as you want.I love watching before and afters transpire .

Kitn

I just read your previous post and can totally understand your excitement! Can't wait to see pics when you're moved in and the shelves are stocked!!! :D

Congrats!

Jude

oh my good golly goat, that is soooo exciting, it will be so much fun for us to see how it progresses, thanks for sharing this upcoming transformation with us :D

Tabitha said:
Before & after is fun. maybe you should start a blog & blog your process too!

Ohhh good idea Tabitha, I think I just may do that :)

Thanks everyone ! I am excited and it's nice to have friends here to share it with. Like I said, poor hubby, he's excited, but he says he can only get so happy over soap LOL

Thank you so much for taking us with on your journey to creating such a wonderful place :)

It will be beautiful and many good memories are sure to follow...

OMG! That is SO COOL. I envy you all that have such amazing shops!

It sounds like it is going to be fantastic, and when you are finished you will be so glad that you took "before" photos so you can see how far you have come.
My hubby is sick of hearing me yap about soap too, it's just soap you know!

Back