Foam dispensers

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bodhi

Reaction score
These look pretty neat. Have any of you used them? Do you like them? Ive read a little about dilutions, there isn't much i can find. They all seem to say dilute your ls 1:3 up to 1:6. Is that from paste or from ls that has already had just enough water added to dilute the paste?

That's dilution from paste. High coconut oil LS requires much less water for regular dilution so wouldn't require much more to be thin enough for a foamer, I don't think. I haven't used them other than what I used to buy.

I use the foamer dispensers and i honestly don't have a set dilution ratio. Since the FOs and EOs sometimes mess with the thickness I have to adjust for different batches. I have my own foam dispenser where I'll test a small amount and if it needs more dilution to make a good foam and not clog the dispenser then I'll make adjustments to the sample. when I have the sample where I want it, I'll then dilute the rest of the batch. Hope that makes sense!

Thank you both. I was confused by everything specifically saying 'dilute your liquid soap' as opposed to paste. More note taking coming up.

I think im going to order some of these bottles and give it a try. I have an 80/20 oo/co batch that from 4 lb paste it took 7 lb water to dilute and is just resting now. Any suggestions for a starting point with this one before i start playing around with it?

I was just wondering if anyone had an idea of how much more water i could safely dump into that batch before i started actually measuring and tinkering with trying to get it thin enough but not too. Not too pressing as i will have to tinker with it anyway...

Ach - I add it slowly with the soap heated. I then let it cool and check it before adding more. A bit of a pain in the bum, and not terribly scientific, but it works for me.... :shh:

I find that 'not terribly scientific' is often as good as it gets, lol. Heat and cool too!? :silent: I think this ls endeavor might be limited to one recipe.

The problem with not letting it cool is that when it is warm it is thinner than when it cools down again. Maybe put some in a cup, put it in the fridge for 15 minutes and see what the thickness is.

Latest posts

Back