Fixing Partial Gel

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steffamarie

Reaction score
So I cut my Orange soap this morning and realized it had partially gelled. Cutting it, it was still very soft but also crumbly around the edges. It really looked like it had ashed but I had JUST unmolded and cut it so I'm pretty confident it didn't ash INSIDE the loaf. Anyway, I recalled a post I had seen from Soapish where she did a sort of retroactive CPOP after cutting to help the whole bar look more even, so I put the bars in my preheated but turned-off oven and repeated the cycle a couple of times after it had cooled. I still noticed some light areas, so I blasted them with my heat gun and then tried to help the soda ash along its way by dunking them in some hot water. They came up pretty nicely after all!! The color is just annatto-infused oil, which accounted for about 25% of my oil total. I love how it's slightly translucent. It turned out beautifully and I'm very happy with the result of this method.
PG Before.jpg
PG After.jpg

Latest posts

Back