First MnP

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Musicia

Reaction score
Hi all,
Glad to be here. FYI I'm relly new in MnP n about to mould up my first soap.
I wish to make a simple one my 1lbs transparent soap base with green colorant & peppermint EO.

Can I add a Vit E from a softgel as an additive. At my place the Vit E oil is quite expensive.

Thx .

//p.s: please dont mind my broken english.

Hello and welcome! Yeah, I don't think one capsule of vitamin e would hurt a MP soap. Good luck with your soap and don't forget to post pictures ;-)

You can, but it's not necessary. You are using a premade base for M&P. Since it's soap, you will be washing it from your skin, so it wouldn't really give much added benefit for your skin. If you were doing it in a lotion or lotion bar, then that will stay on your skin. Since you mentioned it being expensive, I would leave it out and spend that $9 on a bottle (I've recently looked into picking up a box from the pharmacy) for something else, like fragrance or color!

Thx all for the replies. Already try it out. The soap not spoilt. None left. All given to neighbours & friends. Forget to take photo.

Maybe I'll try the lotion next. When all the base is gone.

Back