finding your special niche in the great soapmaking universe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
x

imho, there seems to be 2 different customer catagories:

the impulse buyers-not really on the hunt for soap, but either the packaging or fragrance catches them. these people unfortunately wouldn't know a great bar of soap if it bit them on the behind! what catches their eye today, won't tomorrow.

the purposeful soap buyers that are on the hunt for a specific soap or soap type. they are well informed and direct, and unfortunately are few and far between. these are the repeat customers. these are the ones we all bend over backwards to please.

Re: x

heartsong said:

the impulse buyers-not really on the hunt for soap, but either the packaging or fragrance catches them. these people unfortunately wouldn't know a great bar of soap if it bit them on the behind! what catches their eye today, won't tomorrow.

the purposeful soap buyers that are on the hunt for a specific soap or soap type. they are well informed and direct, and unfortunately are few and far between. these are the repeat customers. these are the ones we all bend over backwards to please.

if you are really lucky, you can convert the former into the latter!

krissy said:
heartsong said:

that's why i believe so strongly about handing out soap samples. nothing beats a "test drive"! when i did markets, i never let an opportunity go by!

i kept a basket next to me behind the table, and if someone paused to look at my soaps i held out the basket and asked them if they would like to take home a free sample of my soap.

many times it got the conversation going and i picked up an extra sale. or sometimes i'd get one returning the next week with a lot different attitude about my soaps and make a purchase.

i used to love my market days. i miss them so! :roll:

heartsong said:
krissy said:
heartsong said:

that's why i believe so strongly about handing out soap samples. nothing beats a "test drive"! when i did markets, i never let an opportunity go by!

i kept a basket next to me behind the table, and if someone paused to look at my soaps i held out the basket and asked them if they would like to take home a free sample of my soap.

how big of a sample do you give out?
many times it got the conversation going and i picked up an extra sale. or sometimes i'd get one returning the next week with a lot different attitude about my soaps and make a purchase.

i used to love my market days. i miss them so! :roll:

x

i have a couple 2' x 12' pvc tubes. 16 oz oil w/ 2:1 water lye fits nicely.

i cut them about 1/2 " thick. a 3" organza bag (5 cents) and a business card with the days i would be at that particular market. on the back was the ingredients. (i printed my own cards)

www.yourorganzabag.com for CHEAP bags!

i guess i had about .30 cents at the most invested with each sample,

Latest posts

Back