First Milk Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maiseycat

Reaction score
So I took the plunge and made a milk soap. It is by far my favorite of all the ones I have made.

I used cream with 10% milkfat, and added it at trace, discounting it from my total liquid.

I tried a teeny piece because I couldn't wait, and it already felt pretty good. I think it could be amazing after trace. The FO doscouloured it to a yummy looking caramel, and since the scent is called "Creamy Cinnamon Chai", it is very fitting. It's also the first one I made with my new mold, and I cannot blieve how much more I like the shape of my bars. They are a tad oversized, as I ended up with too much batter, but I still love them.

my recipe was:

40 % Olive oil pomace
30% Coconut Oil 76 deg
10% Castor
10% Shea Butter
10% Sweet Almond Oil

and I calculated it at 5% superfat. I normally do 7, as it is dry here, but I decided to go lower to allow for the extra from the cream.

IMAG0002-13-1-1.jpg

Thank you!

They have darkened a bit more since cutting, I will post more pictures once the cure is done and they are at their final colour.

I love cream in soap. Your soap looks lovely and the recipe sounds great. It's a perfect color so I think the FO discoloration worked to your advantage. Thanks for sharing the pic! :D

Back