First Goat's Milk Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been making soap for a little over a year now, but hadn't attempted goat's milk soap until my wife mentioned it could be good for our daughter's eczema. So, lo and behold, I found a carton of the stuff at a grocery store walking distance from home.

I had also wanted to enter one of the monthly challenges, but still don't have the requisite 50 forum posts. So I decided to attempt June's "peacock swirl" technique for this one. It was a bit of a disaster.

The soap was simple enough: basic recipe but 1:1 lye:water ratio so that I could add gobs of milk as it was emulsifying. But I forgot that I was going to take half the soap and pour it and then add oatmeal to the other half (on top), so things got all twisted and then I had a thick glob to work with for the swirl. I ended up with very fat peacocks, if you can even tell they're there. And the soap was so thick that the skewer lines were more like big indentations. :) In the end, I ended up with... soap. Hopefully good soap.

Swirl.jpg

Goats Milk Soap.jpg

Yeah, no peacocks, but still pretty:mrgreen:

Back