First go at Cupcakes

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traceyann

Reaction score
With all the talk previosly on cupcakes I was itching to have a go at making these, this is the best of a bad lot LOL....never piped before so its not too bad.

Silicone mold is yet to come off the bottom ( its cream coloured underneath) , scents are bottom , White Musk , top is Dragons Blood

pink3.jpg

FANTASTIC, Trace, it came out really good, heaps better than my piping.

Traceyann said:
Relle, your method was fantastic, worked like a dream, I did try Nizzy's method as well so I could compare and it was a disaster lol
Great it worked for you Trace, I haven't tried Nizzy's method, I just jumped right in and did what I thought would work. Its hard to explain, without pictures.

Oooh! I love, a lot!
I wouldn't mind trying cupcakes at some stage. Care to share your 'method' please?

Very funky. Remember to put another pic up when the Dragon's Blood has cured, I'm guessing, a deep brown?

I do like how this cupcake turned out. I have been think about trying making the soap bomb ones that look like these. However I get pretty ticked off when things don't turn out just the way I want them to. I may give myself a heart attach trying to make them. LOL

dOttY said:
Oooh! I love, a lot!
I wouldn't mind trying cupcakes at some stage. Care to share your 'method' please?

Very funky. Remember to put another pic up when the Dragon's Blood has cured, I'm guessing, a deep brown?

This is what I posted for Trace on another thread.

Trace I do all in one go at a thick trace. I divide what I want to be the bottom part and usually don't colour that but put in a different scent to the top. After I've put the batter in the bases and waiting for it to firm in the mould a little I beat the rest for the tops to make it slightly thicker and load into a piping tube, then pipe away directly on top. Yeah all done in one go and it sticks.

First time round I used paper patty pans, then I got the silicon ones from K mart 6 for $2.50, they come off so easy.

Thanks Relle for putting your method up,

And Dotty, the DB didnt go brown in this recipie but the pink lost its vibrance, how ever I dusted it with silver mica and it looks great

Thanks for sharing that Relle. I've used Nizzy's method before and the results were ok, but I only have a hand held beater and it took me forever, so I've never made the time to make them again.

Relle with your method, are you using a stick blender to make your soap for piping thicker?

Tracey your cupcake looks fantastic! Love your piping work.

Back