First column pour n swirl in the mold.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

souljasam

Reaction score
So i just did my first column pour and it didnt go 100% perfect but hey first have a habit of that haha. my white color wound up setting a bit faster than the rest making the pour more gloppy and on top of that i forgot the EOs till the last white pour before pouring the colors on top for the swirl x.x. it wound up looking pretty good and im hoping it gels and wind up looking better than i expect haha. im sloooowwwwly figuring out when exactly a thin trace is. Does TD accelerate trace at all? cuz i dont really understand why the white section wound up getting thicker than the rest.

anyways the soap is a lemon lavender with white, lavender, and yellow(also a touch of black on 2 bars because my gf insisted on not having the black on all the bars haha). its a small 6 bar mold so i didnt have a ton of room for swirling but i must say i feel more confident in the swirls than the column pour haha.

pics to come tomorrow when i unmold.

Came out ok. The saran wrap touched the 2 bars with black x.x. It woulda been a bunch better if i stopped at a lighter trace.

20130601_101038.jpg

my gf hates the ones with black in em haha. i like the ones with black cuz it adds some contrast to an otherwise light colored bar.

Latest posts

Back