First attempt at Oatmeal, Milk and Honey

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrsFusion

Reaction score
Used OO, CO, PO and Caster. I left most of the base natural color and then did a in pot swirl of brown. I ground up some oatmeal that I was going to add to the batter, but, my 8 year old was watching me and asking all sorts of questions and I forgot to add it. So, I ended up adding a some of it on the top of the soap, along with some whole piece of oatmeal. Smells yummy, but, doesn't look how I wanted, we'll see the final outcome after it's cut later today.

IMAG0017.jpg

Looks lovely and creamy. Can't wait to see cut pics. Well done!

I agree, it looks real creamy! I have a question for ya...I made a batch today and sprinkled some ground oatmeal on top. When did you sprinkle yours? I sprinkled mine after I got done pouring into the mold and the batter soaked it up. :|

kaelily said:
I agree, it looks real creamy! I have a question for ya...I made a batch today and sprinkled some ground oatmeal on top. When did you sprinkle yours? I sprinkled mine after I got done pouring into the mold and the batter soaked it up. :|

I put it on right after I poured the batter, it was thick though.

This loaf fell apart when I tried cutting it, I messed something up somehow :(

oh no! wonder what happened to make it fall apart? I hope mine turns out..this is my second time adding honey, which I did differently this time.

I might not have put enough ground oats on top then...I just covered the whole top and the batter just kept soaking it up! Thanks! :)

Latest posts

Back