First 3 Soaps!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dianamariemtv

Reaction score
Coming out of lurkdom here :) Just wanted to share my first soaps, I'm addicted already!

My first batch was olive oil, coconut oil, and lard. Left this one unscented to keep things simple and get a feel for the whole soapmaking thing. :) I didn't have a mold so I used a few empty milk cartons. They warped a little during the curing but I think it turned out really well for my first batch! This one was cpop.

My second batch was olive oil, coconut oil, and soybean oil. I used strong coffee in place of the water (phew did that stink!), and added hazelnut cappuccino and fresh brewed coffee fragrances as well as some used coffee grounds at trace. Made this one in a mold my dad made for me (thanks, Dad!), and attempted to oven proccess, but it started to get foamy on top, any ideas on that? Everything seems okay, no zap and it smells great and is curing nicely.

Just did my third batch last night with palm oil, coconut oil, and olive oil. Added Oatmeal, milk & honey fragrance and some ground oatmeal at trace. I left this one out to try to prevent gel, but up close it looks like it might have paritally gelled? Not really sure? Anyhow, it sliced up nicely and I can't wait to see how to cures! I think it might brown a little since the fragrance said it contains vanilla (this one was from WSP).

Anyway, I'm really excited about how my first attempts have turned out! No complete failures yet, but I don't expect every recipe to turn out as nice as these ones, haha.

Thanks for reading and offering opinions!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25530255@N05/4328143174/

They look really creamy. nicely done. Can't give you any tips on the oven process, haven't done it.

Latest posts

Back