Finally in my soap lab

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My son, bless his heart, told me he'd build me a soap room in a room in my cellar. There was a bar down there when I bought the house over 40 years ago, but it was never used. He reconfigured the room, gained a few square feet more for it (it's overall 14x16' but there's bumps around the furnace and some shelving), planned out the lighting, there's even electrical plugs in the ceiling so I can plug in stick blenders in the middle of the room! Thing is it took over two years, and for those two years I didn't make much because my stuff was scattered all over the house.....well anyways, it's all in one place now and I am loving it. This is a video of the space.

Yey! You must be ecstatic. And it looks like suck a calm, cozy room to get lost in soap hehehe

Oh btw, I love your voice lol

Loved your video! I recognized your accent before I saw you were south of Boston. My dad was from Southie and my mom from Roxbury. :)

What a fantastic room! Tell your son I said so. :thumbs:
So worth the wait, eh? Oh, and I am properly jealous. :D

Nice ! I am jealous !
Don't forget the Dehumidifier down there. You know how basements in New England get ;)
It's in the other room behind that little door :) I found that out really quick. Moved the soaps down there over the summer as things were coming together. My cellar is thankfully dry in that we don't get water down there, but it's definitely moist. I got a nice 50 quart dehumidifier that does a great job.

Awesome room! What a wonderful son to do that for you! I loved hearing your voice and accent....reminds me of home (grew up in New Bedford, and N. Dartmouth and Swansea MA).

IrishLass :)

well, now I have to watch it again cuz I had the sound off :) . what a nice work space---and you have a lot of supplies so time to start making soap. how nice to have a son that takes care of his mom!!!

@IrishLass So you know the
Pahhk yah Cah in Hahvahd Yahd
:lol:

Man the people in TX never got old of hearing that. But was happy to move back up here

LOL Yeahhhh....I'm known for breaking that out every so often. :D Now, I don't know if this is true in the part of MA where you or Reinbeau live, but where I lived, all of those missing r's tended to show up in words that ended in 'a', such as the word pizza, for example....lots of folks (not all, but several folks that I knew) would call it pizzer instead. I guess those r's have to go somewhere! lol

IrishLass :)

So the R thing is more the towns near RI/CONN I think. We don't say that up here. I know N.Y. puts an R on everything.
Linda is LindER :rolleyes:
We give our R's to NY lol

My son, bless his heart, told me he'd build me a soap room in a room in my cellar. There was a bar down there when I bought the house over 40 years ago, but it was never used. He reconfigured the room, gained a few square feet more for it (it's overall 14x16' but there's bumps around the furnace and some shelving), planned out the lighting, there's even electrical plugs in the ceiling so I can plug in stick blenders in the middle of the room! Thing is it took over two years, and for those two years I didn't make much because my stuff was scattered all over the house.....well anyways, it's all in one place now and I am loving it. This is a video of the space.

Love Love Love it....great organization...I should be so lucky to have what you got....I have a shop that I have to run on a generator away from the main house...I sharpen clipper blades as well & my husband caters which he now has taken over part of my 12' x 16' she shed.... :p Gotta work together for bit till he gets the barn emptied out...

Latest posts

Back