Favorite Supplier?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanya Sue

Reaction score
Hi All!

I apologize I this is a duplicate-I scrolled through some old posts but didn't see this one? I am new, and looking for a new hobby to try this holiday season (jewelry is my normal passion). Since I spend way too much money on wax tarts and candles, I decided that this would be a fun new challenge.

As I am looking online, I am struggling to find a site that has everything. I try to buy most things from the same supplier if possible to save on shipping. I haven't found a site that has soy wax, dyes, the melting cups, tart holders, etc.

Any suggestions? If not, is there one supplier you like best of all? Thank you in advance for any suggestions you have!

Fun - you bet. :) Challenge - absolutely. :)
Money saver? Not on your life. :(

What supplier you go to will depend on what type of wax you want, and more importantly where you are located as shipping wax is expensive!

I like Candlescience (candlescience.com) the best, but I'm east coast.

carebear said:
Fun - you bet. :) Challenge - absolutely. :)
Money saver? Not on your life. :(

What supplier you go to will depend on what type of wax you want, and more importantly where you are located as shipping wax is expensive!

I like Candlescience (candlescience.com) the best, but I'm east coast.

LOL! Ok, well if it is anything like my jewelry addiction, you pretty much hemorrhage the first year you start making them. After that you start to build up your stash of supplies and equipment and it gets less painful. Unless my tastes get more expensive, then I am in big trouble!

I think I want to start with wax tarts first-they seem like they will be less expensive mistakes.

I plan on using soy was to start, but will go from there. I am actually in CA, so I might have to keep looking.

General Wax is located in N. Hollywood and is a good place for one-stop shopping. I used to order from them when I first started making candles over 10 years ago but with the rising cost of shipping I stick to East Coast suppliers now.

http://www.generalwax.com/index.php

Latest posts

Back