Favorite M&P bases

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

CritterPoor

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've been making CP soap for about a year now and am having a blast. I'm also interested in trying some M&P soaps as well. My mom found some "soap stuff" at a garage sale this summer and got it for me, but it looks like the coloring is M&P coloring and not CP coloring. Oops! But it is just an excuse to try something new, right?

So, I'm unfamiliar with M&P bases, I know you can purchase them at most local craft stores, along with stores like Brambleberry and WSP and stuff. i'm just wondering if anyone has experience with the different bases or has a favorite one to use.

Kamahido

Paladin of Soap
Reaction score
I like the Stephenson melt and pour from Bulk Apothecary. I usually buy the 25 pound blocks.

cmzaha

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Essentials by Catalina in Southern California carries their own base, which is nice, and Stephenson's. My daughter found Stephenson's harder to work with when she started with it. She used Catalina's for several years before changing over, and I believe she still uses some of Catalina's own brand. Check shipping cost from the different suppliers. We never liked the Base from WSP

lisamaliga

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Both Stephenson & SFIC are great bases. I've recently tried the Stephenson base with argan oil.

dibbles

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I too preferred SFIC when I was making M&P. I've used Essentials by Catalina bases as well with good results. I really did not like WSP base, but it seems others didn't have issues with it.

cmzaha

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My daughter hate the WSP base. She is the one that does our m&p or I shall say did. Sh has pretty much quit since raising Exotic Praying Mantis

dibbles

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
another vote for SFIC bases...their honey base is loved by all my friends...
My favorites were the goats milk, hemp seed and honey. Bramble Berry carries SFIC bases. Ordering directly from SFIC requires a huge minimum. Or at least it used to.

CritterPoor

Reaction score
My daughter hate the WSP base. She is the one that does our m&p or I shall say did. Sh has pretty much quit since raising Exotic Praying Mantis
Exotic Praying Mantis? This sounds interesting

shimmersoap

Reaction score
Crafter's Choice MP soap bases! Their expensive, but worth every penny i spend!

Latest posts