Favorite M&P additives?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChinaMom

Reaction score
What are your favorite things to add to your M&P soap to jazz it up besides embeds? I know you can add a bit of butter and I have seen a recipe adding goat's milk or honey. Is there a good rule of how much you can add of, say, cocoa or mango butter, or liquids like soap? If you add those do you add a bit of beeswax or stearic acid to keep it firm? I know additives are usually done in small amounts - do they make a big difference? Inquiring minds want to know how to improve M&P :!:

I add up to 1 TBS. of butter per lb. of MP base. I don't add beeswax or stearic acid as you loose lather if you do that.

I like exfoliants like:
poppy, crannberry or strawberry seeds
grounds apricot meal

We have bees on our farm so I add 1tbs of Honey to my 2lb loafs. Honey is a humectant and helps draw moisture to your skin while washing. It also smells good in soap.

my favourite additives are about 1 tbsp of shea butter per kilo and powdered botanicals which give my soaps a nice earthy colouring as well as their lovely properties.

Back