Face recipe recommendations for use with Differin

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amaress

Reaction score
I just started using differin (yay adult acne) and I’m wondering if anyone has any recipe recommendations to combat the awful, awful dryness.

Hello! I am on Differin too, along with some other Rx products. My face doesn't get that dry with Differin, but I've always been super oily.
Do you make any other products besides soap right now? What kind of ingredients do you have on-hand?
When I am really dry, I love squalene and jojoba oils as a facial moisturizer. More often, I make/use a moisturizing face mist, because most oils/lotions leave me feeling too greasy. I'd be happy to give you a starter recipe if you're interested.

When I am really dry, I love squalene and jojoba oils as a facial moisturizer. More often, I make/use a moisturizing face mist, because most oils/lotions leave me feeling too greasy. I'd be happy to give you a starter recipe if you're interested.

The face mist sounds great! I usually hate moisturizing my face because it always feels yucky and my phone/pillow gets greasy, etc.

I have jojoba, argon, cocoa/Shea/mango butter, buckthorn extract, castor/olive oil/almond oil. I’m willing to buy some more stuff if needed.

For a moisture toner/mist....

77% distilled water, hydrosol, aloe vera juice, and/or witch hazel distillate. I use a combo of all of the above. I love chamomile, rose, lavender, and helichrysum hydrosols.

2% humectant- glycerin, sodium lactate, or propanediol 1,3

2% hydrolyzed protein- silk, oat, or milk

2% panthenol

10% extracts (usually 3%-5% of each extract)- Ingredients To Die For makes several water soluble botanical blends. You could use any water soluble extracts but some may be sensitive to heat and need to be added at the end. I like chamomile, calendula, willow bark, green tea, etc.

2% -3% water soluble oils or Cromollient SCE

.5% allantoin

3% honeyquat or polyquat 7

.5% Liquid Germall plus (or appropriate amount of whatever preservative you choose)

I mix all the ingredients except the heat sensitive extracts, honeyquat/polyquat 7, & preservative and heat in a double boiler at 160 degree F for 20 minutes.

Add the remaining ingredients at around 120 degrees F and mix well. Allow to cool and bottle in spray bottle.

This is a mix with a lot of different ingredients. If you don't have or want any of these, you can replace that percentage with more distilled water.

I hope this helps & isn't too confusing. :)

Latest posts

Back