Face bar

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenlwhi2

Reaction score
Ok, sorry for so many posts here all at once! I'm wondering if any of you have a great face bar recipe or what kind of additives you use? I'm hoping to use my regular recipe which has goat milk, oo, co, and lard. Then add in activated charcoal and tea tree eo? But, I'm unsure of what else I should put. I doubt too many people will be crazy about the tea tree smell so figured I should 'mask' it with some other eos.

What all do you use and suggest?
Thanks! Y'all have already been a huge help to me!

Tea tree EO combined with the Fresh Bamboo FO makes a good blend. Depending on what you want in a facial bar, ground oatmeal makes a soothing and gentle exfoliant.

Penolope beat me to it ^^^you really only want in a face bar for oily skin. I also do not use CO in face bars unless it it my briny himalayan bar with AC then I list it for oily skin. While it is to drying for dry skin many with oil skin like it and it is also one of the few I superfat higher than normal

Penolope beat me to it ^^^you really only want in a face bar for oily skin. I also do not use CO in face bars unless it it my briny himalayan bar with AC then I list it for oily skin. While it is to drying for dry skin many with oil skin like it and it is also one of the few I superfat higher than normal
My co oil percentage is pretty low (20%) and with the added goat milk it creates a super moisturizing bar. That said, I've never tried the ac so I'm not sure how drying it will be!

20% is the amount I use in my regular bath bar. For a facial bar, I would lower it to at least 10% and add the other 10% to your lard. Honestly, the best thing you can do for facial skin is to gently cleanse it, not add a bunch of stuff to the soap.

My face is prone to breakouts. I've had good luck with AC and kaolin type clays. 15% or less CO is ideal for me but using a milk is not. I also can't use lard soap on my face as it breaks me out. For a facial soap, 10-15% CO would be best to start.

Latest posts

Back