Eucalyptus essential oil

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orangetree71

Reaction score
New Directions Aromatics offers 8 different kinds of eucalyptus: blue mallee, dives, globulus, lemon eucalyptus, radiata, red, smithii and staigeriana. Does anyone know which one is best for soaps and which is the most common type of eucalyptus?

orangetree71 said:
New Directions Aromatics offers 8 different kinds of eucalyptus: blue mallee, dives, globulus, lemon eucalyptus, radiata, red, smithii and staigeriana. Does anyone know which one is best for soaps and which is the most common type of eucalyptus?

I would say the ones I have seen most frequently used in therapeutic products and soaps etc is either Radiata or Globulus respectively.

I love them all though... My best advice would be to go to one of those shops locally that may carry different varieties of the Eucalyptus oils, they are quite unique... :)

I love Eucalyptus soooo very much

Globulus is the most common and I think I have read that it is the strongest as well.

We're planting E. globulus here this spring!

Of course you don't have to choose just one! You can walk around with your eyes tearing from all the different Eucalyptus in your house if you want to, I won't tell! :lol:

Back