Eucalyptus Citriadora

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gekko62

Reaction score
Escentials had this on special so I grabbed me some for a try. I dont really love eucy all that much,the lighter sweeter type I do but not the heavier stuff.Well.This smells nothing like yr trad eucalyptus. To me it smells EXACTLY like walking thru the bush after rain. Ive been sniffing the darn bottle all afternoon. I love it! Aussie bush in a bottle 8)

Ian I love squishing the leaves & getting that fresh sappy eucalyptus smell. And the gumnuts are beautiful,& the blossom. And the bark. Squiggly gum's cool.I think its insects that burrow under the bark,& when that layer comes off you see all the squiggly tracks they've made.
Just wiki'd eucalyptus & apparently eucalyptus citriodora has been reclassified as Corymbia citriodora so not a true eucy at all.Still commonly known as lemon euc tho.
Years and years ago I remember someone gave me a big beer bottle 1/2 filled with home distilled eucalyptus oil. I think bushies still do their own. Man it was powerful stuff n smelled sooo good.

Back