Essential Oils in Shaving Cream.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reveremike

Reaction score
I'm hoping some of you might be able to help.
I'm thinking of creating a men's shaving cream and need some ideas as too which oils you might think would work well together.

I'm fairly new with using Essential Oils , especially with mixing them together to form a good scent. I'm much more used too warming them to my own pleasure.

If anyone has an idea for a recipie that they would share, or maybe make some recommendations and give me some tips, I'd be so grateful.

I want to thank you ahead of time should some of you respond to this request.

Hubby likes sandalwood, cedarwood, fir needle, rosemary, orange, and patchouli -- kindof a complicated blend, but very nice together! :)

I have similar questions, so when I made my first batch I tried 4 scents: eucalyptus, cedar, tea tree & peppermint, and bay rum & BB's tobacco. I quite like the simple smells of all of them, but I'm a nub about scents.
They haven't finished curing, but hubs is already shaving with the eucalyptus and says he'd like it to have "more cooling". Would that be something like menthol crystals?

Thank you all so much. I'm truly grateful for these responses. I've got so many Essential Oils. I'm going to try that recipie above.

P.S.
I'm a huge Eucalyptus Fan. I'd like to use that more then I do now. I'm going to use your suggestions as well as find a book with different concoctions .

Bay Rum formula

Here is an old Bay Rum formulation I'm going to try:

Bay Rum - An old Formula you'll need to convert to todays measure
1 ounce Oil of Bay
1 drachm Oil of Clove
1 drachm Oil of Sweet Orange
30 drops Oil of Neroli Petale
30 drops Oil of Allspice
3 drops Oil of Cardamon
Note: drachm is a dram and that is equal to 1/8 of an ounce
In the old days this would be blended then added to grain alcohol and left to sit for some time, up to a few weeks then cold filtered through carbonate of magnesia to remove any water in the mix. Sometime they would also add in some alcoholic bay rum to the blend too.

Latest posts

Back