essential oil qualities

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emilee

Reaction score
essential oil qualities questions

especially for all you aussies out there, as I'm in nz, and am importing essential oils from auz to compare with nz's eo's.

Where do you get your essential oils from, and have you noticed any differences in quality between suppliers? Is there a difference between essential oil and pure essential oil, and if so, what?

Hi there

I am only new here but i have been using essential oils for many years. Most recently I have discovered Sydney Essential Oil Company (SEOC) and they seem to have very good quality essential oils and a large range of organic oils. They do have a minimum purchase requirement though which makes it tough if you only want small quantities. i also buy from New Directions although i have heard their quality is not so good - the oils seem ok to me and no minimum order.

HTH Debbie

ok thanks.

what would you say about eo pricing. Do you think if you find an eo that is much cheaper at one place than all the others, that it would not be legitimate?

Hi again

I think most sellers of EO's will give the origin and extraction method - if i see a big difference in prices this is what I check because most of the time the oils will come from different places and this obviously affects the prices.

Cheers Debbie

I buy from New Directions US and am thrilled with their quality. I wonder if their rep is different because the products differ from location to location or what.

Carebear - have you ever used ND's 20 fold vanilla? I have some that I can not get to mix into an EO blend.

Digit

Latest posts

Back