Essentail Oils for Acne Scars

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zilke

Reaction score
So far from my readings I have learned that
Helichrysum, Carrot, Lavender, Rose hip oil, Eucalyptus and Jojoba oil are all good for acne scars.
Are there any that I have missed or any that people have used and worked. I would like to formulate a serum for my face.
Ever since I started a new job my face has broken out everyday. I tried everything, new diet, wash face twice a day and put face lotion on,
maybe a serum will help me with the scars and the acne that has produced them. Thanks in advanced o^_^O

Rest, water, and time. Those are the three things that have been most effective for me. Also, exfoliation.

You might incorporate cocoa butter into your serum. Several scar-fading products contain cocoa butter, and it is used very commonly to fade stretch marks... if it's good enough for stretch marks, it should be good enough for acne scars.

Look into Tamanu oil for your serum:

http://www.vitaminbuddy.com/c/TamanuOil_3822.htm

My personal miracle plant is Plantago Major. I use a very strong tea made from the leaves of this plant as a toner/cleansing solution morning and evening and it works wonders. Dunno if you can find it in the US though but it surely is worth checking out. Works for all skin types.

Also helpful I found masks of caolin clay with vit. E and a drop of vit A. applied after a steam mask once a week. (my skin type is normal to oily)

Form my experience, ess oils on their own were never strong enough to help with skin problems. They might work for you though :)

hth
mari :)

thanks for the help. I whipped up a small batch of serum and I am currently testing it out.
Formula:
4tsp of Jojoba oil
4tsp of Almond oil
15 drops Chamomile blue 3%(because i can't afford full strength[diluted in jojoba oil])
15 drops rose Bulgaria 3%
10 drops Lavender
10 drops Myrrh 3%
10 drops Sandalwood 3%
10 drops Neroli 3%
5 drops tea tree
5 drops Patchouli
1 capsule of Vitamin E
I might tweak it with some rosehip, Helichrysum and Carrot oil next time I get paid.
So far it isn't irritating my skin, we will see what a few days/weeks of putting that serum on my skin will do and if it is beneficial.

The following are the oils recommended for Acne:

* Lemon
* Tea Tree
* Lavender
* Cedarwood
* Sandalwood
* Ylang Ylang...

HTH

Latest posts

Back