English Rose

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dianne70

Reaction score
Hi there...just thought I would share my latest adventure. This is English Rose fragrance. Was so worried about the soap tracing really fast on me that I think I nearly under mixed the white portion of the soap.....was a bit worried last night that the whole thing was going to separate on me or be some sort of oozy mess in the morning, but so far so good I think. Can't tell from the photo, but the white is really white....don't know if this gelled or not, maybe partially, so will be interesting to see if it gets that awful partial gel circle in the middle of it later on! Tried Dana's chopstick swirl technique on these guys, and I think it turned out pretty!

IMG_8449.jpg

I think it came out really pretty too. The swirl is beautiful. Why were you worried about tracing?

I was worried about it tracing fast as I had been told that it would! (Apparently Floral Fragrance tend to trace quickly...haven't been using FO's for very long so still learning about them) So I added the FO to the oils before I added the Lye mixture and then blended it until I had what I thought was emulsion, then separated off some for the pink....blended the pink and it got quite thick, but didn't bother going back to blend the white bit any more! It was really thin when I poured it into the mould, and the pink was a lot thicker! Looked a bit funny on top last night after a couple of hours...kept peeking as I was worried about it!! Kind of looked like it was cracking a bit on top. Anyway some of the edges are a little crumbly, but not zappy, so I guess the outcome is OK!! :)

Beautiful color and swirl. I also read that floral FOs tend to trace rapidly. I haven't encountered that yet with the ones I have tried. My first rose scented soap I didn't even use colorants, I left it plain for fear it would seize in the bowl.

The is gorgeous! I love the way you did the swirls and they look kind of like flowers. Very nice!

Latest posts

Back