DOS and metal cutters.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, I am new to CP soap making. On reading about metal contact causing DOS spots, I wonder about using metal cutters (which I have been using). Would using the metal cutters (I use straight and wavy ones) start the reaction that would cause DOS? Thank you for any advice or experience with this!

if they are stainless steel it will be ok. are you talking about the cutters that are made for cutting soap--just curious as to what you are using :)

Thank you. Yes, they are stainless steel. I started to worry after seeing posts about DOS on soap set out to dry on metal racks. So, is it the chrome plating on racks that is the culprit?

Thank you. Yes, they are stainless steel. I started to worry after seeing posts about DOS on soap set out to dry on metal racks. So, is it the chrome plating on racks that is the culprit?

any metal that isn't Stainless sounds like its an issue--even when I trim up soap I make sure I use a SS knife

Back