DOS...already?!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EllieMae

Reaction score
I did my first swirl attempt earlier this week (Wednesday - 2 days ago) and added lavender flowers for the first time. Just checked on it in the mold (first time since pouring) and it appears I already have DOS (pretty sure...), specifically around the lavender flowers. Is this typical when adding dried elements to CP or did I do something horribly wrong?
3CBBED52-1297-4719-9A92-45D68DCCEEEF.jpeg

Happy news, EllieMae.....That's not DOS. Those spots are what typically happens when flower petals (fresh or dried) are added to soap. They react with the high pH of the lye and turn brown. That's why I never add flower petals to my soap.

IrishLass :)

Happy news, EllieMae.....That's not DOS. Those spots are what typically happens when flower petals (fresh or dried) are added to soap. They react with the high pH of the lye and turn brown. That's why I never add flower petals to my soap.

IrishLass :)
Oh thank goodness!!! I was really scratching my head wondering how on earth DOS would have shown up ALREADY!

This will probably be my first and last batch with flowers. For both this reason and the less than perfect cut lol.

Thank you!!!!

Latest posts

Back