Does strawberry FO discolour or accelerate trace?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AshleyR

Reaction score
I just got a Strawberry FO from New Directions. I've never tried it before and am wondering if it is going to discolour or accelerate. I checked the reviews at ND's site, and nobody says if it does or not.

I know it may vary from company to company, but I'm pretty sure I've heard something like this about strawberry FO's before.

???

TIA!

Tabitha said:
Any strawberries I have tried in M&P got very dark!

:( Like brown dark, or just a darker shade of pink (or whatever colour you coloured it?)

I am going for a nice light pink and bright yellow soap (I'll be using lab colours). The ingredients are pretty pricy so I don't want to risk it not turning out. I suppose I might just have to do a little test batch...

Yes a small test batch would be a great idea Ashley. I have only heard that strawberry fos can morph in CP and not be true to scent...? Don't know about colour/acceleration issues. After looking at some of my fo suppliers info it seems that it depends on whether any vanilla content is present re: discolouration. Some accelerate and some don't......I think it boils down to the ingredients in each fo :?

Tanya :)

Strawberry

I have used Strawberry FO from Wellington without any problems...I also love it mixed with Geranium FO...There is no discoloration of the soap either!

Latest posts

Back