do embeds need to cure?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ooh! forgot to ask! is it alright to use 'regular' soap embeds in salt soap? i have a recipe with 70% cc, 10% castor and 20% grapeseed that I'd like to try to use embeds in. What do you think? Do I need to do anything special like spraying with alcohol if I'm using shaped embeds? Do you simply stir the grated soap in? I guess it'd be best to mix them with the salt and add them together! :?:

Unless your embeds are too soft to handle, then no, they do not need to cure before embedding them in new soap, as they will then just cure as the new soap cures. And yes, you can use them in salt soap, but you'll probably have to move fast or your salt soap will have to be globbed into your mold.
P.S. I would skip the grape seed oil in your salt bar recipe...it's not very stable in CP and wouldn't really add anything to your soap qualities, IMO. I would up the Coconut to 90% and leave out the grape seed all together.

Back