Did you know...NG Peppermint FO

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tegan

Reaction score
Did you know that NG Peppermint FO (not EO) will make your soap "heave"? I did not know that. It wasn't bad, not a true volcano....but it definitely puffed up a bit and bulged the sides of the silicon mold. It was only a small batch (28oz) I wonder what it would do with a much larger batch.....

indeed I did not :shock: hehe

did it mess up your soap or did it go back to normal?

At what temp did you soap at? Did you just insulate it or did you put it in the oven? If you put it in the oven, at what temp? How long did you leave it in the oven?

Soaped at room temp, and just left it on the counter when done. No insulation, nothing. It's not that big of a deal for what I'm doing with it. Just thought others should know. It's a really strong scent too....soaped at 0.5 oz PPO and it's STRONG. It kinda "puffed" the soap and it hasn't gone back down. It's a bit soft, but that could be because of the TD too....though I only used a LITTLE bit....(I think I'm starting to hate TD....there has to be another way to get white....). I made another batch with a different FO at the same time the same way and it's totally fine, so it's deff the Peppermint FO that caused it.

Back