Did my rebatch become HP?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carolyntn

Reaction score
I made soap last week and it was sooo ugly. Three days after I made the soap, I chopped it all back up and put it in a large SS pot along with additional liquid (goat milk). It melted (kinda) and I stirred and stickblended for about 2 hours over medium-low heat. Then I glopped it back into my loaf mold. So, did I just do the HP method? This was my first attempt at a rebatch.

No, it didn't.

HP is a method of making soap from lye and oils, and not a method for processing ugly soap into less ugly soap.

What Fragola said. While both involve heating and glopping into the mold, that's about all they share in common, for they each have totally different starting points.

IrishLass :)

It is different because you don't need to cook or boil the rebatch at all.

All that you need is to bring it the whole batch to a moderately hot temperature so that it melts completely.

But your rebatch has been a good training exercise for HP.

Oh, and HP sometimes splashes lye on your ceiling, that's another difference :p To prevent that, you need a very good temperature control (like using a double boiler or crockpot).

Latest posts

Back