Did I ever show you my studio tour here at my home?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodi

Reaction score
I did tours for several years, mostly as a guest in other artisan houses, but for a few years, I was able to open my own home and turn our livingroom into a 'studio'.

In the fall, people come here in droves. We all do very well in our sales, but it is a well-known tour, been going over 13 years now and has a reputation for quality crafts.

Here's a few pics I took in our own home, in 2006 and 2007.

I took this pic from upstairs looking down. People entered through the screened porch, and in through those patio doors, then exited via our front door.

StudioTour06.JPG

This shows the front door:

TourLRhere.JPG

and my hubby is making last-minute adjustments before anyone shows up. You can see our upper hall in this pic, and the narrowness of this room....but it works!

FallTour06.JPG

my soap display, close view: (btw if you want to make these trays, we show how on our SoapMaker site, in the 'extras' menu.

SoapCloseTour.JPG

This year I had a guest artisan, a jewelry maker. You can see the beautiful autumn colors out this window....another reason people flock from the city on this weekend every year.

MelodyTble06.JPG

and last spring, I decided to try a spring tour, this time as a guest in a potter's extra room, attached to her studio.

Here's me, with my soaps. The potter loaned me her furniture. It was cold that May weekend.

atRita.JPG

and from the cash looking to the entrance: (the room was so bare, I hung a piece of fabric on the wall).

FromCashAtRita.JPG

This is her studio in the country: (I'm in the tiny shingled part to the left).

RitaStudio.JPG

and this was 'my' door for the three days of this May weekend:

MyDoorAtRita.JPG

I loved the rope chair she has:

DiSwings.JPG

and the driveway, just to show you how 'country' it was:

RitaDriveway.JPG

I have seen some of these pics before Diane - of you at your potter friend's studio - but not the ones in your home. How lovely is the set up! And I love your soap trays. Off to look at your site'e extras page now - thanks!

Tanya :)

Gorgeous, Woodi.

Your displays are very tasteful and your home is beautiful. I love all the wood (floor, beams etc.)

My kind of home.

Latest posts

Back