DayStar's Buttermilk & Honey/Milk Sugar Kisses

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kharmon320

Reaction score
I thought that Irish Lass recommended mixing the two to make a wonderful OMH without any almond notes. Obviously, I was mistaken. However, trying to make lemonade out of lemons (not really) I decided to go ahead and mix the 2.

I really like the Buttermilk & Honey mixed 1:1 with the Milk Sugar Kisses, but then I remembered all the talk recently about the cinnamon notes in OT's OMH. So... I added 1 more part Amish Harvest from Peak's. It's marinating as we speak, but I think it will be a wonderful home-blended OMH. I may add a little bit more MSK, not sure.

Haven't soaped this yet, but plan to today.

By the way, I love the Buttermilk & Honey OOB all by itself. The Milk Sugar Kisses is definitely a sweetened condensed milk smell, but i like that about it. Hope this helps.

Well, I ended up using .75oz Milk Sugar Kisses, 0.75 Buttermilk & Honey, and 0.5oz of Amish Harvest. Behaved well, already a yellow discoloration,but i expect it to go brown. All three are reported to go light brown to brown. Added a TD swirl to 1/4 of batter.

It smells wonderful! It smells like a Cinnamon Spice oatmeal. I might only add 0.25oz of Amish Harvest next time, but otherwise I really like this as an Oatmeal Milk & HOney scent.

For my perfect OMH scent, I mix Daystar's Milk Sugar Kisses with Oregon Trails OMH (in a ratio that contains more Milk Sugar Kisses to OT's OMH).

In the past I used to use used Daystar's Buttermilk and Honey on it's own for my go-to OMH, but not since discovering the blend above. My blend only discolors to a light tan.

HTH!
IrishLass :)

I have some of daystar's buttermilk and honey and I also bought some cold buttermilk at the store

has anyone used buttermilk and honey with buttermilk as the liquid with lye?

i haven't used that particular combo, but did make a buttermilk & honey soap and used Brown Sugar and Fig FO, smells wonderful, turned dark caramel color. Oh, but i used the Buttermilk powder added after trace.

ETA: this blend is ending up too cinnamon-y for my taste. However, we shall see if the other scents come forward as it cures. The combination of all three really does have an almond smell as well, even though i can't pick up any almond notes in the individual fos.

Latest posts

Back