Data tracking each batch of soap made

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happy2018

Reaction score
Iv'e been doing this a couple of months, and love the learning, and above all love the soap!

One of the obstacles that I faced was how to data track each batch, and I wasn't doing a very good job of it, and then by accident, I found this:

http://www.lovinsoap.com/soap-batch-sheet-and-cure-card/

It was the guidance I needed to help me data track each batch, and if others can use it as well.

:)

A lot of people also use Soapmaker 3 software. It's an all incompansing software, but can be used for more than just soapmaking. If you get the professional edition it will even track your inventory for you. It's a great tool and worth every penny.

A lot of people also use Soapmaker 3 software. It's an all incompansing software, but can be used for more than just soapmaking. If you get the professional edition it will even track your inventory for you. It's a great tool and worth every penny.

I'm in total agreement... it was the best investment I've made for my soaping. I'm loving it and finding new-to-me things daily!

I love Amanda's Lovin' Soap blog! So much useful information. There's a Sticky in the Beginners Forum called "Learn to Soap Online" that links to her basic soapmaking tutorials.

However you do it, it's SO important to keep good records. I like to print out the SoapCalc sheet, with my formulating notes added. I print a "cure card" on the back of the sheet, keep the sheet with the soap as it goes thru cure, then put it in a plastic sheet cover and store it in a 3-ring binder -- ready for the next time. Dating everything is important. I also have a folder on my iMac named "Orders" where I track supplies in case I need to know where I purchased an ingredient and need to reorder. When the order comes in, I divide the shipping cost between the items and factor the cost per oz. or grams. I write that info on each bottle or container label -- easy to do cost analysis when the time comes. Works for me! :D

I think this will be my next soapy purchase. I’ve been using a mixture of spreadsheets, ind3x cards and scribbles but I do love an electronic tool!

Thanks for the link, I can't afford it now, but down the road that is a real possibility.

I make a simple format in Office with all the things I use in my formulas, weight of formula, observations, notes, date, mold etc. and I use it everytime I make soap and put it in a folder, that way I have everything organized.

I think this will be my next soapy purchase. I’ve been using a mixture of spreadsheets, ind3x cards and scribbles but I do love an electronic tool!
I use my SM3 in conjunction with a spreadsheet I created. That thing is so extensive with so many formulas and vlookups, and add-ins, I have to be careful not to break the functionality, but it will do things that my SM3 won't (not much but some things) and my SM3 can do things that I haven't figured out how to apply to my spreadsheet, so it's nice to have them both.

Latest posts

Back