Darn!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scentapy

Reaction score
After 8 years my scale finally pooped out on me. I just wasted some lye and a can of coconut milk. I went to measure my oils and noticed that the weight was going crazy... up and down, up and down...even when I wasn't adding to it. AND.. my stick blender is on its way out too. :Kitten Love:

Ok.. so I know this was not "thread worthy" but I had to share with people that I KNOW would get my sadness of having to dump the lye/coconut milk and even worse...go to bed without making a batch! It will be restless sleep for me tonight ;)

After 8 years my scale finally pooped out on me. I just wasted some lye and a can of coconut milk. I went to measure my oils and noticed that the weight was going crazy... up and down, up and down...even when I wasn't adding to it. AND.. my stick blender is on its way out too. :Kitten Love:

Ok.. so I know this was not "thread worthy" but I had to share with people that I KNOW would get my sadness of having to dump the lye/coconut milk and even worse...go to bed without making a batch! It will be restless sleep for me tonight ;)
BUMMER!!!! My blender is on its way out too. Weird thing is while i was making soap tonight and measuring things... a thought crossed my mind: when will my scale finally go titts uP? I wonder if thats when yours did :silent:

Aargh... I have soaping envy right now. You got to soap tonight and I am going to bed with the shakes.

Ah, that sucks! I am sorry to hear your scale died on you :-( I am hoping the one I got will last for a while.

I don't have a spare scale, but I do have 2 new stick blenders, still in the boxes, "just in case". Is that obsessive or just scared to find myself unable to scratch the soap itch when it hits?

Scentapy, maybe you can find a buy-one get-one for both a new blender and scale. Or at least a new set of tools for the price of one. I will send soapy thoughts your way.

hahaha... I like the way you think: 2 blenders "just in case". Thats excellent.

I was actually thinking of ordering a second blender so I would have a backup.

I probably would have cried. Lol! I think my stick blender is going to die soon even though I've only used it 3 times. Can't complain since I only paid $3 for it at a thrift shop though. My scale does need a new battery, but I decided to wait until the move. If my equipment isn't right then I CAN'T make the soap that I'm not supposed to be making right now.

AAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No fair posting our worst nightmares without warning!
You know I have panic attacks thinking about these things. :crazy:

This is far scarier than any Friday the 13th or Dracula story I've ever seen!

Ok... I will try that! That is what hubby told me this morning too. Hmm... I better try this while the stores are still open so I don't get stuck with another soapless evening.

I just bought a new stick blender that my husband HAD to try for making milkshakes. Unfortunately I think I will be going back to the store and getting another.

Aw! I feel your pain! Sorry to hear about your mishaps... My favorite stick blender gave up on me a couple of days ago as well, and it was the best blender I've ever used (only $1 at the garage sale). I buried it in the backyard QQ

Latest posts

Back