Daily Gratitude

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I truly do feel for you. Ours gave no warning. Just opened it and found soft stuff on top. But it was 27 years old, best my hubby can figure out. So, it served him well for many, many years. I had just taken advantage of all the Thanksgiving sales and loaded it with turkeys, hams, and pork roasts, so losing all of that would have been a tragedy.

I'm grateful for having a person in my life -- my dear husband -- who lovingly takes care of me when I won't.

I'm grateful today is coolish and cloudy 26, and it's not another 35 degree humid day.

5. I'm grateful that even though I don't have everything, I somehow always have enough.

Today I'm.grateful that I'm not a hoarder or a clutter collector, because that would make this packing take way longer. And I'm grateful that my ocd tendencies lead to my world being pretty organized , so packing is faster. And I'm grateful that because I'm single, I'm only packing for me LOL

Absolutely! Ditto :)

Add me in on this one.

And
Grateful my teenage granddaughter is a cancer survivor and she's bringing her new little sister for Christmas the year from San Fransisco.

I am very, very grateful for my trusty food processor...and also very, very grateful for paint strainer bags. Yesterday I spent the better part of the day/evening making the cabbage/sauerkraut filling for the yearly/traditional pierogis we will be assembling tomorrow at my sis's house. Lots of cabbage to shred and onions to chop. If it weren't for the processor I think I would have broken down in tears (and not because of the onions). I was working by myself this year (everyone else at work), so the processor was the extra pair of hands I needed to give me the extra time I needed to be able finely dice almost 2 lbs of salt pork by hand, and also to boil the cabbage/kraut mixture and fry up the onions and salt pork.......... and then to squeeze just about every vestige of water out of the huge pot of boiled cabbage/sauerkraut mixture......which is why I am very, very thankful for the paint-strainer bags. I finally got it all done by 1:00 in the morning. Whew! If it weren't for the processor and paint straining bags, it would definitely have taken me a lot longer for sure.

IrishLass :)

Today I'm grateful that hell week is over (holiday coverage of shifts), the move is over, and I'm almost done unpacking. Now to save up some cash for soap supplies LOL

I am very, very grateful for my trusty food processor...and also very, very grateful for paint strainer bags. Yesterday I spent the better part of the day/evening making the cabbage/sauerkraut filling for the yearly/traditional pierogis we will be assembling tomorrow at my sis's house. Lots of cabbage to shred and onions to chop. If it weren't for the processor I think I would have broken down in tears (and not because of the onions). I was working by myself this year (everyone else at work), so the processor was the extra pair of hands I needed to give me the extra time I needed to be able finely dice almost 2 lbs of salt pork by hand, and also to boil the cabbage/kraut mixture and fry up the onions and salt pork.......... and then to squeeze just about every vestige of water out of the huge pot of boiled cabbage/sauerkraut mixture......which is why I am very, very thankful for the paint-strainer bags. I finally got it all done by 1:00 in the morning. Whew! If it weren't for the processor and paint straining bags, it would definitely have taken me a lot longer for sure.

IrishLass :)

Yum! Pierogies! And what's a paint strainer bag?? :)

Today I'm SO thankful for my dad, my rock. We've had such trials lately and he's been right there, supporting us, encouraging us, praying for us. We can see the light at the end of the tunnel now and it's all due to him. I praise God everyday He gave me such a terrific man for a dad, a shoulder, a role model. I want to be just like him when I grow up!

Today I'm grateful that my bunny is alive.

She had an unexpected operation on Xmas Eve - an intercepted bowel, if she didn't have the op, she would have died the next day or the day after, she also could have died on the table. We have been back to the vet for 5 days and day 2 after the op there was a lump at the op site and she had to get operated again because the internal stitches had burst.

Today is the first day she is eating by herself, it has been 7 days, not good for a rabbit as they have to have food in their stomach. She has been on 24 hr care and 2 lots of injections twice daily and today we have poo ( the best xmas present ever).

Back