Curing time for laundry soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kittywings

Reaction score
So... if one is going to use part of a batch for laundry soap or liquid soap, does it still have to cure for weeks?

(Sorry if it's a stupid question...)

I have used shredded laundry soap right away . I would think liquid soap like any soap mellows a bit with age .

Kitn

Also, I think if you are making a batch specifically for laundry soap, you are better off using a 0% superfat, because you don't want that excess oil in your wash.

Any liquid soap made with KOH and done hot process is ready to go right away. They often say let it set a week or two but all it does is let the fine junk in the soap settle to the bottom. If you are talking one of the recipes that has alot of borax and washing soda then a day is good to let it thicken.

Bruce

Bruce I just checked out your shop. Great stuff. Your egg soap is adorable! What a great idea! Lots of nice stuff.

Thank you LJA. I have alot more stuff to put on there I just have not had the time. I had a small craft show today. It was the first show for this place and nothing after 1 pm. I did better than most but not real good. The guy next to me selling tie die t-shirts did OK.

Bruce

Latest posts

Back