Cupcake makers

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ToniD

Reaction score
I think they are just adorable! Or other peoples are. Mine are sorta sad :cry: Can you all give me tips on how to get the "frosting" right?

Thanks loads.

Dang. Another member posted their recipe for the whipped topping she used on her cupcakes. I have it somewhere. Give me 'til morning and I'll get it to you. Haven't made them yet, but hers looked amazing.

My partner and I just started making cupcakes. For the frosting we used a variation on Nizzys whipped soap, and dolloped the whip on top of the cakes in stages.
One dollop on each, let it firm up for a couple minutes, add a smaller dollop, let it firm, then an even smaller dollop with as pointy a tip as possible.
It ended up looking pretty good (IMHO) for a first try. Yellow "cake" with pink "frosting" and, cause we didn't have any jojoba beads, a little sprinkle of kosher salt looks kind of like coarse sugar.
We've bought a cake decorating set now, so next we're going to try piping the frosting on...

I've had excellent success with Nizzys whipped soap.
Put into a caterers piping bag & piped on.
They stay firm and hold their shape beautifully.

nattynoo said:
I've had excellent success with Nizzys whipped soap.
Put into a caterers piping bag & piped on.
They stay firm and hold their shape beautifully.

Would you mind sharing with me what type of bag and tips you bought? I've looked around and seen a variety of items. Are the disposable ones the best way to go?

Thanks for your input.

I have tried the whipped soap, and it worked fairly well for my first attempt--as far as the look. However, the whipping it did not go so well for me. If I were willing to use my Bosch food mixer with the cover, I think it would be great. As it was, I had small lye burns on my arms above the rubber gloves.

How do other people whip it without splashing? What kind of mixer do you use?

Also, the nizzy site, or maybe the site I was reading where someone else talked about nizzy soap, said I would have nearly 1/2 hr to work with the soap. I was really struggling to get it out of the tips after about 10 minutes. Finally I had to abandon the cupcake tops and plop it in a log mold.

That was two weeks ago and the log that I made does not zap, but the cupcakes tops still do. I am going to keep waiting, but that seems long for them to still zap.

Lyn said:
If you wanted to do it the easy way I saw a maker of silicone molds on ebay who makes the cupcake molds with different style tops too :0) here is the link
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/3D-Silicone-Soap ... 2eb2995bc9

Note this is a two part mold so how would one get the top to stay attached and a rather expensive outlay.........Maybe not the best way to go

This is all in one :0) they have quite a few

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/3D-Silicone-Soap ... 2c527f6c08

I know, I have seen those! They are really nice looking aren't they? But not in my budget. Thanks for the link though.

Go on youtube and search, there are some fantastic videos on making cp cupcakes. Most of the ones I saw just let the soap batter thicken and pipe it on.

ToniD said:
I have tried the whipped soap, and it worked fairly well for my first attempt--as far as the look. However, the whipping it did not go so well for me. If I were willing to use my Bosch food mixer with the cover, I think it would be great. As it was, I had small lye burns on my arms above the rubber gloves.

How do other people whip it without splashing? What kind of mixer do you use?

We just used a regular hand mixer. Most of the whipping happens before adding the lye. Whip your hard oils first, incorporating as much air as possible. Then whip in your liquid oils. Then turn the mixer down to a low speed and slowly mix in your lye. You're just aiming for a thorough mix, not trace, and you want to retain as much fluff as possible. We really didn't have any splattering at all at the low speed. You want to use as deep a bowl as possible that you can comfortably use your mixer in, getting the beaters all the way to the bottom. And use a plastic or silicone spatula to scrape down the sides, not the beaters.

JackiK said:
Dang. Another member posted their recipe for the whipped topping she used on her cupcakes. I have it somewhere. Give me 'til morning and I'll get it to you. Haven't made them yet, but hers looked amazing.

If you look for my answer to the person who wanted to make white soap I have given instructions there for whipped soap

Latest posts

Back