Cucumber honey soap (hot process)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MagicalMysterySoap

Reaction score
I had nothing to do today so I decided to make some soap. My sister's mother in law had requested an avocado honey soap but I am all out of them so decided to use cucumber instead. Hopefully she won't mind.

I added 1/4 of a teaspoon of parsley powder to lightly color half of the batter green. I swirled in the mold but I honestly don't think it was enough because I can't even tell :/. Hopefully tomorrow when I cut, it will be some what noticeable. I scented with a bunch of eos that I wanted to finish up (I have an order coming in from NDA tomorrow so I'm excited about that!)

IMG_20140811_171948.jpg

I can kinda see the green swirls, it looks good. I think you are right about the honey, you probably should have mixed it in the water at the beginning so it got mixed in better.

I can kinda see the green swirls, it looks good. I think you are right about the honey, you probably should have mixed it in the water at the beginning so it got mixed in better.

Thank you Obsidian! I have added honey to my soaps before and this is the first time it has happened. I am going to take your advice and add it before the cook. This honey was a lot thicker than the ones I have worked with in the past.

Your soap looks like a nice soapstone slab!

Thanks kikajess. Haha, when I first cut it, the design reminded me of a stone also.

Its very pretty!

Thank you Seawolfe :)

My hp never looks this good :) .Cucumber soap is great but will not have the same feel or properties of a nice avocado soap. Looks like it might be the honey you are seeing.
Thanks cmzaha! I appreciate the compliment. I need to stop eating all the avocados and save it for soap, but I am addicted to guacamole lol.

Latest posts

Back