Crystal clear cellphane bags in economical quantities

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soapmaker123

Reaction score
The simplest and yet a great-looking packaging option that I've used is a simple cellophane bag with a gold or silver metallic twist tie. If you put a ribbon on it, even better! A simple paper insert is your label, run off from your computer printer and cut to size with a paper cutter or scissors.

I'm looking on a web search now . . . and cannot find the ones that you should get . . .

Highlander

hbg1 - for a single bar, or a mini-pack

hbg2 - for a bath bomb, or a large sample pack, or 3 full bars.

100 per box

Highlander goes up in sizes though hbg6, I think.

To get these bags, I've found . . .

If you're in a city with florists, find the floral supply wholesalers. They may be clustered together in a "floral row district".

They won't sell to consumers, you'll need to show a business license (similar policy to restaurant supply outlets). I don't have a business license; I don't really want one; that's why I'm part of a team; someone else on the team takes care of this!

Some floral suppliers won't even sell to soapmakers, only to florists, HA! (I got kicked out of one!)

Happy hunting!

The bags work fine as long as you are gifting to family and friends. However, over time the soap starts to smear on the bags so not good for those selling. I tried it and it was not favorable for me. I also found that putting labels inside if the weather was humid the soap would sweat in the bag and labels would get damp.

The simplest and yet a great-looking packaging option that I've used is a simple cellophane bag with a gold or silver metallic twist tie. If you put a ribbon on it, even better! A simple paper insert is your label, run off from your computer printer and cut to size with a paper cutter or scissors.

I'm looking on a web search now . . . and cannot find the ones that you should get . . .

Highlander

100 per box

If you're in a city with florists, find the floral supply wholesalers. They may be clustered together in a "floral row district".

They won't sell to consumers, you'll need to show a business license (similar policy to restaurant supply outlets). I don't have a business license; I don't really want one; that's why I'm part of a team; someone else on the team takes care of this!

Some floral suppliers won't even sell to soapmakers, only to florists, HA! (I got kicked out of one!)

Avoiding celloph
Happy hunting!
The bags work fine as long as you are gifting to family and friends. However, over time the soap starts to smear on the bags so not good for those selling. I tried it and it was not favorable for me. I also found that putting labels inside if the weather was humid the soap would sweat in the bag and labels would get damp.

Same here - end up having to repackage too many times to make it cost effective.

Looks like AliExpress has quite a few cello bag sellers, prices around $2 CAD for 100. I may grab some to try.

Would punching a few holes in the bags help with sweating?

Highlander

100 per box

Happy hunting!

I have an account with local wholesalers, as I was a floral designer for many years. I don't recall (of course I was never looking) ever seeing them! Do you know what they are used for, in the industry? Corsages??
I've been in the hunt for ways to package for friends and family.

Last edited:
Back