CP Soap droplets, please help!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^^^^ As above. I would ask those putting preassure on, "How much do you make from your hobbies?" Bear in mind that the cost savings from having all of these products to use means that you have most likely saved money even before you think about selling

Unfortunately, this was always intended to be a second income so I do have to get some sold at some point. As my Dad says though, the family has never been so clean and I have at least a year or two's worth of soap in reserve!:D

Thank you for explaining more about your situation -- very helpful. Now that I know more, I think you have a good attitude about your craft ... kudos to you!!!

I've gotten pressure as well to sell, but I already run one small biz and I question whether I need the stress of a second one. I know all too well the difference between enjoying a hobby and being good at it versus making it into a business and being good at that. :what:

Hobbies don't have to pay for themselves and can be enjoyed or set aside for a time whenever the whim strikes you. Businesses do need to pay for themselves. That responsibility to become and remain financially viable, the need to market of one's brand, and the ongoing effort to build and then supply the demand for one's products ... all can be huge stressors.

ETA... I posted before your last reply so I see now you're committed to making this,into a biz. Best wishes for success!

Last edited:
Wow, what a great response! I did think you were just starting out, so I am *so* glad that you stayed and discussed your actual situation rather than getting angry and leaving. You really are the Saintlysoaper. Or at least the VeryTemperateSoaper. Not in a RT way :)

Thanks for staying.

I love this can we keep her/him!?!

hi susie
no, i am not offended in the slightest, after all i did not give any proper indication of my experience so far and i am very aware of the responsibility entailed in taking a highly caustic substance and fashioning it into something the general public will rub on their skin! It is good to know people on these forums will caution us newcomers. :)
i don't live in a generally humid environment but it may have been unusually humid at that time, i am not sure now...

Oh sorry, abbreviation for room temperature. Now that you're here you'll be seeing lots of these things and driving yourself crazy trying to decipher them, here's a sticky: http://www.soapmakingforum.com/showthread.php?t=32055

It is v. helpful, plus kind of fun/educational to read. Or at least I think, although I am a geek.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back