Costco Oil Blend/Olive Oil

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cally

Reaction score
Given that the tests people have done are proving that Olive Oil is not usually 100% olive oil, why would using the costco blend be so bad? Yeah it's high in canola but at least you can sort of figure that into your calculations. Using "pure" olive oil you can't really tell one way or the other what it is you are using.

Kirkland olive oil has tested to be pure, might as well buy it if you are at costco anyways. I looked at the oil blend but because of the canola and grape seed, I decided not to use it.

Kirkland 100% Olive Oil does congeal when refrigerated. it just takes a while.
It smells and tastes like Olive Oil and the proof is in the Soap!
Roy

Sound great...my parents are members of Costco- I'll accompany them on their weekly trip tomorrow...and I'll bring cash for olive oil!! do they carry any other soap oils like castor or coconut?? guess I'll find out...soapers choice has been my go to buy

I looked there today for the avocado oil but they did not have it, at least with the other cooking oils. They did not have castor in the pharmacy area either. I picked up the OO and CO, great prices!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Soap Making mobile app

Costco is my go-to for edible and certified organic olive oil and coconut oil. Cannot find cheaper organic olive oil anywhere else IME! I can however, get cheaper certified organic coconut oil (refined, wouldn't eat it personally, I like Costco's unrefined/cold-pressed stuff) for soaping from a local soapmaking shop. Never, ever hurts to look around and ask fellow soapers. :D

Latest posts

Back