cosmetic or soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

llineb

Reaction score
i'm confused...i use the mp base from wsp. is my soap, soap or a cosmetic? trying to figure out the labeling.
thanks!
lara :?

depends on the ingredient list. I cannot get onto the site but if you can post it here I'll tell you.

(if it's soap and not detergent, it's soap. if it's detergent, it's cosmetic. if it's a blend I think it still falls in the range of cosmetic.)

carebear is right, it qualifies as a cosmetic in 2 ways.

A) If it contains detergent, it is a cosmetic.
B) If you make a claim such as 'moisturising soap', no mater what the ingredients, it is a cosmetic.

If you make a claim such as 'acne soap' you have just made it a drug, no matter what the ingredients.

carebear said:
depends on the ingredient list. I cannot get onto the site but if you can post it here I'll tell you.

(if it's soap and not detergent, it's soap. if it's detergent, it's cosmetic. if it's a blend I think it still falls in the range of cosmetic.)

opps, i meant the base from Westeria lane. here are the ingredients. i also use the honey and clear from wsp but it says these are cosmetic.

coconut oil, glycerin (kosher), purified water, sorbitol from berries, sorbitan oleate, soybean protein, titanium dioxide.

thanks again!

Tabitha said:
carebear is right, it qualifies as a cosmetic in 2 ways.

A) If it contains detergent, it is a cosmetic.
B) If you make a claim such as 'moisturising soap', no mater what the ingredients, it is a cosmetic.

If you make a claim such as 'acne soap' you have just made it a drug, no matter what the ingredients.

so if i call it a complexion bar...that's it no claims...is it a drug?

Latest posts

Back