cosmetic chemist

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snugasabugxxx

Reaction score
I am in the Uk and would like to start selling my home made cosmetics. I have read up on all the legal requirements and documentation needed, but how to find a cosmetic chemist that deals with small businesses?

I have come across a few websites that sell safety assessment packages, but they don't particularly suit me - especially as they all only cater for only the ingredients that they sell on their site

Does anyone know where I can begin looking for a suitable chemist? Also what are your views on these packages - are they really legal?

i am surprised to get no reply yet?

is there no one on here who sells their stuff who can give me some guidance? :)

Welcome to the forum snugasabug. Sorry, I can't comment on your inquiry because I don't have a clue as to what is needed in the U.S. for that much less what is required in the UK. Quite frankly, I've never even heard of a safety assessment package. :oops: Maybe some of the websites that sell cosmetic supplies would have a forum directed more to that particular question. But, if you have comments or questions on soaps this is a great forum!

well, it's only been one day!

not everyone reads the intro section, much less every post in it.

perhaps if you post in the soap or b&b sections and put your query in the subject line people will know you are looking for help...

Hi, I'm in the uk and I frequent quite a few craft/soap forums. I looked into safety assessments briefly but I have no plans to sell. The co that caught my eye was www.cosmeticsafetyassessment.com. I stress that I cannot vouch for them and have had no dealings with them whatsoever but I can tell you that scott who runs the company belongs to some of the forums himself. Customers speak highly of them and to me, It seems that they have the most cost effective packages without tying you to 1 particular supplier. The assessment packages look very flexible.

radar-78 said:
Hi, I'm in the uk and I frequent quite a few craft/soap forums. I looked into safety assessments briefly but I have no plans to sell. The co that caught my eye was www.cosmeticsafetyassessment.com. I stress that I cannot vouch for them and have had no dealings with them whatsoever but I can tell you that scott who runs the company belongs to some of the forums himself. Customers speak highly of them and to me, It seems that they have the most cost effective packages without tying you to 1 particular supplier. The assessment packages look very flexible.

Scott is very helpful and you will be happy there. The best thing is that he also offers small assessments, so you don't have to pay for a bunch you don't need (yet)

Latest posts

Back