Confirmation on Internet Info and other

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@GlenS - The longer you wait for the cure to happen, the longer your soap will last also (since that's one of the qualities that you are looking for). For instance, the Olive/saltwater bar will do best with a cure of 6 weeks to 6 months! I love that soap, but found that the longer I wait to use it, the more I love it!
Thanks Deborah for the educated info on the soap. I am getting better as I haven't made soap in almost 10 days :D. I am looking forward to actually trying them in the future and verifying the consensus of wisdom. Signed Impatient......

Not Susie, but I think she meant that just looking at the numbers and trying to come up with the perfect combination by starting to include all kinds of oils will not give you the best result. (Yes, we have all done that.) Soap made with a few oils can be just as nice as ones made with many. Even if the numbers are not "perfect". You have to figure out what is the feel you really like, and which oils give you that. Numbers will not tell you that part necessarily (although they can be useful as guidelines).
And yes, waiting 6-8 weeks can make a big difference in how a soap feels / behaves. Once you have made enough batches, it will be easier to wait since meanwhile you can use some of the old ones that you are trying out anew :)
Hey atiz,
I only have the lard, olive and coconut oils as good enough. I added the Castor Oil for the specific recipe of Saltwater/Olive for supposed bubbles. So far I am not stuck on any particular oils, just readily available locally. Lazy and impatient. I was thinking of Palm and Palm Kernel because it is listed in the C&E Goatmilk soap. But I have enough ingredients to make several batches of the on hand oils.
Thanks for the explanation!
Cheers

Latest posts

Back