Confetti Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hendejm

Reaction score
180B19FD-0637-43F9-94FF-4DFDFFFF2E0F.jpeg
Here is my first attempt at Confetti Soap. I was a bit worried it would - a. Darken up since I used some fragrance oils in my blend that darken to tan/brown. And b. Give me glycerin rivers since I always seem to get that with TD. It didn’t do it this time. I mixed TD into Fragrance Oil and then mixed that into my cooled oils/butters before lye water. It worked great!

Next time I will make sure my soap shavings are a bit smaller but overall I’m really happy with it!

And fully gelled and cut in 6 hours! Go figure!

Can anyone tell me why there is a lighter ring around the confetti? Is it because the outer part went thru gel again? Or are they small glycerin borders? I like the look but curious to why it did that.

Kind of looks like glycerin rivers caused by the TD and gel.
I believe you are right!

Love how white it is. I love confetti soaps!
Thanks! I like them too. This was my first but won’t be the last! Next time I will probably go with smaller confetti to see how that looks. These were rather large.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is THE whitest soap I've seen. What was your ratio of TD to pounds of oil? Great job!

Thanks! I wish I could give you precise measurement of TD but it was an approximation....no more than 2 tbls for 60 ounces of oil.

Yeah I saw that. It’s best to start a new thread and link back to old if you have questions. I think the original poster @jcandleattic gave you the answer you were looking for. I used my normal recipe and added TD...my recipe had olive, castor, palm, coconut, cocoa, Shea and it got pretty white.

Latest posts

Back