confetti questions

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marilyn Norgart

Reaction score
I made confetti soap 2 ways yesterday. one gelled and the other not. the non-gelled pops more. my question is: is gelling hard on the confetti? or is it just muted cuz its gelled and it wouldn't be that way if I had used TD or white mica?
20190218_065417.jpg

This is exactly how I do my confetti soaps. I use TD for the base. Was your base uncoloured? It appears to me like any partially gelled soap, darker in the middle and lighter around the edges.

This is exactly how I do my confetti soaps. I use TD for the base. Was your base uncoloured? It appears to me like any partially gelled soap, darker in the middle and lighter around the edges.

the 2 outside soaps aren't gelled, the middle one seems to be gelled totally ( I used a heating pad to make sure it got gelled totally) but no I didn't color the base. good to know how you do it--I have some TD on the way. I have a whole bunch of left over confetti :) this is such a fun soap!!

I was gonna say the middle one looks like the confetti melted and got blended in..

But both look nice, just with different effects :)

well being gone for 5 hours helped the soap hahaha. I was thinking that the confetti looked melty also but it doesn't look as bad now--it isn't as muted looking. I do need to use some TD or color the base with white mica cuz I think that is what makes the confetti pop more than anything

I made confetti soap 2 ways yesterday. one gelled and the other not. the non-gelled pops more. my question is: is gelling hard on the confetti? or is it just muted cuz its gelled and it wouldn't be that way if I had used TD or white mica?View attachment 36509

This looks amazing! How is the confetti made? Is that soap that is just cut into small pieces and then put in? I totally want to try this!

Last edited by a moderator:
Confetti soap is made by shredding previously made soap and putting it in a freshly made batch. It can use up any old soap that has lost it's scent or if you have any left over from a batch.

This looks amazing! How is the confetti made? Is that soap that is just cut into small pieces and then put in? I totally want to try this!

what Relle said--great way to use up the end cuts and any booboos. it is a fun soap--cant wait for it to cure for the kids and a few of my (ahem) adult friends :) I did make a chunk soap with a batch of soap that I didn't like the color with the scent--just cut into the size hunks you want and add to a new batch. I had an anise batch that turned out deep purple so I made an orange batch and colored it light orange--I love the color and scent combo

Latest posts

Back