Completely New

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kdm

Reaction score
Hi from Midlands, UK.

Totally new to soap making. I looked around me one afternoon and realised that drawing in from other hobbies such as colourants and moulds for making turned pen blanks, essences and herbs for bathtub gin, I have almost everything around me to make some soap!

I bought some NaOH, and I think I'm of the starting blocks. We'll see!

Looking forward to irritating you all.

Ooh, gin! I make wine but I'm not brave enough for spirits. Welcome from another newbie.

Ooh, gin! I make wine but I'm not brave enough for spirits. Welcome from another newbie.
I've never been happy with my wine, beer or cider. "Bathtub" is more about flavoured vodka! If juniper is the predominant flavour, in my book, it's gin!

I looked around me one afternoon and realised that drawing in from other hobbies such as colourants and moulds for making turned pen blanks, essences and herbs for bathtub gin, I have almost everything around me to make some soap!

Welcome to the rabbit hole, but I want to highly caution you on using cross-using supplies. Not all colorants are body safe. My sister does "stamping" and gave me a lovely box of micas...I can't use them in bath and body products.

Looking forward to irritating you all.

Welcome to the good side of internet:)

FYI - If you really want to irritate us, we REALLY don`t like pictures of soap. Or making of soaps. Or colors. Swirls, bubbles, foam, new molds, creative ideas, interesting containers, or anything else related to soap.
We don`t do that here.

(Who am I kidding - LIES! ALL LIES!)

🙃

Welcome to the good side of internet
FYI - If you really want to irritate us, we REALLY don`t like pictures of soap. Or making of soaps. Or colors. Swirls, bubbles, foam, new molds, creative ideas, interesting containers, or anything else related to soap.
We don`t do that here.
Your Jedi mind tricks will not work on me.

Back