Colors and scents

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

candice19

Reaction score
Sorry for all these questions, I really should have a "NEW SOAPER" label stuck to my forehead.

1) I'm using a white MP base, are there liquid colorants that make deep, rich, bold colors? Or is there a max amount of colorant I can use?

2) I've tried using 5% FO to my soap, and the soap smells great, but the scent doesn't stay on the skin. Any ideas for this? Or is lingering scent not a good thing?

Thanks!

I think most soap smells great in the shower or bath but I haven't used any handmade soap - CP or MP - which I can still smell on my skin after I am dry. I think you would be adding too much scent to achieve that and some people's skin may be sensitive to that. If you are only making for yourself you can try upping your quantities in small test batches to see how it goes?

In MP I have used micas and FD&C colours to good effect, but you may end up with coloured lather if you are too heavy handed....ask me how I know :shock: .....that is fine if it doesn't bother you although it may stain the washcloth if you use one. Mostly it will wash out of them though.

Have fun experimenting!

Tanya

:)

Back